Building Surveys & Full Structural Surveys from Woodward's Qualified Building Surveyors
A comprehensive and more detailed report. Formerly referred to by many as a "Full Structural", the Building Survey is our top Level 3 report.
A Building Survey is a comprehensive inspection of a property, reported in a style to suit the property and your specific requirements. It is suitable for all properties, especially:
- Listed Buildings
- Older properties
- Buildings constructed in an unusual way, however old they are
- Properties you plan to renovate or alter in any way
- Properties that have had extensive alterations
It examines all accessible parts of the property - and you can ask to have specific areas included, so it covers any particular concerns you have about the building. It is a product which can be tailored to your needs, agreed between you and your surveyor in advance.
If agreed, A Building Survey by a Chartered Surveyor includes:
- Major and minor defects and what they could mean
- Results of damp testing
- Damage to timbers - including woodworm and rot
- The condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains are not tested)
- Technical information on the construction of the property and the materials used
- The location
- Recommendations for any further special inspections
Rebuilding costs (for building insurance) is included for houses, but no for flats, as insurance is usually under a "Block" or Freeholders policy.
A Building Survey does not include a valuation as standard, but your surveyor can provide this seperately if you require.
Building Surveys from Woodward Chartered Surveyors include:
- Digital photographs to highlight certain issues and help you better explain them to builders, sellers and estate agents
- Exploded diagrams to help you understand the construction method
- A glossary of terms to help you indentify features and descriptions
Please use the following link if you would like to get a Building Survey Quote from Woodward Chartered Surveyors.
If you need more information to help you decide which survey is right for your property then please take a look at our building survey information videos.
Our Rickmansworth Office Details are:
Woodward Chartered Surveyors, Canal Level, Batchwoth Lock House, 99 Church Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1JJ
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephnone - 01923 920950