Harrow Home Buyer Surveys
Harrow home buyers surveys by Woodward Chartered Surveyors.
Woodward Chartered Surveyors have conducted lots and lots of home buyer surveys in Harrow for clients considering purchasing a new property.
Our survey for home buyers in Harrow is a service we consider to be the best mix of the older RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation Report but with updates and some of the features of our Building Survey, so the report looses none of the value for money of a Homebuyer survey.
A Harrow home buyers survey is a report that is designed to assist a potential buyer of a residential property to make a reasoned and informed judgement on whether to proceed with a purchase.
A home buyers survey's purpose is to report on matters of a significant nature that substantially affect the property's value, which is what most home buyers are looking for. It is more of a surface examination of a property, rather than "invasive" survey i.e. the surveyor does not lift up floorboards or similar. It is not suitable for all property types, sometimes only a building survey is recommended. Our team are on hand to help you decide which survey is best for you.
Our Home Buyer Survey in Harrow is called a House Purchase Survey or a Flat Purchase Survey depending on your purchase and includes:
• The general condition of the Harrow property.
• Any major faults in accessible parts of the building that may affect the value.
• Any urgent problems that need inspecting by a specialist before you sign a contract.
• Results of tests for damp in the walls.
• Damage to timbers - including woodworm or rot.
• The condition of any damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains are not tested).
• For Houses in Harrow, the estimated cost of rebuilding the property for insurance purposes.
• An optional value of the property on the Harrow open market.
If you are considering buying an apartment, house or flat in Harrow, please follow this link to request a Harrow Home Buyer Survey Quote from Woodward Chartered Surveyors.
If you need more information to help you decide which survey is right for your property then please take a look at our building survey information videos.