London home buyers surveys by Woodward Chartered Surveyors.
Woodward Chartered Surveyors have conducted lots and lots of home buyer surveys in London for clients considering purchasing a new property.
A survey for home buyers in London is a service we consider to be the best mix of the older RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation Report but with updates and some of the features of our Building Survey, so the report looses none of the value for money of a Homebuyer survey.
Our London home buyers survey is a report that is designed to assist a potential buyer of a residential property to make a reasoned and informed judgement on whether to proceed with a purchase.
A home buyers survey by Woodward Surveyors purpose is to report on matters of a significant nature that substantially affect the property's value, which is what most home buyers are looking for. It is more of a surface examination of a property, rather than "invasive" survey i.e. the surveyor does not lift up floorboards or similar. It is not suitable for all property types, sometimes only a building survey is recommended. Our team are on hand to help you decide which survey is best for you.
Our Home Buyer Survey in London is called a House Purchase Survey or a Flat Purchase Survey depending on your purchase and includes:
• The general condition of the property.
• Any major faults in accessible parts of the building that may affect the value.
• Any urgent problems that need inspecting by a specialist before you sign a contract.
• Results of tests for damp in the walls.
• Damage to timbers - including woodworm or rot.
• The condition of any damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains are not tested).
• For Houses in London, the estimated cost of rebuilding the house for insurance purposes.
• An optional value of the property on the open market in London.
If you are considering buying an apartment, house or flat in London, please follow this link to request a London Home Buyer Survey Quote from Woodward Chartered Surveyors RICS team of surveyors.
If you need more information to help you decide which survey is right for your property then please take a look at our building survey information videos.