Northwood Home Buyer Surveys
Home buyers surveys for Northwood Properties by Woodward Surveyors.
Our Northwood home buyer survey is a service we consider to be the best mixture of the older RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation Report but with updates and some of the features of our Building Survey, so the report looses none of the value for money of a Homebuyer survey.
A home buyers survey for a Northwood property is a report that is designed to assist a potential buyer of a residential property to make a reasoned and informed judgement on whether to proceed with a purchase or not.
A Northwood home buyers survey's purpose is to report on matters of a significant nature that substantially affect the property's value, which is what most home buyers are looking for. It is more of a surface examination of a property, rather than "invasive" survey i.e. the surveyor does not lift up floorboards or similar. It is not suitable for all property types, sometimes only a building survey is recommended. Our team are on hand to help you decide which survey is best for you.
Our Home Buyer Survey in Northwood is called a House Purchase Survey or a Flat Purchase Survey depending on your purchase and includes:
• The general condition of the property.
• Any major faults in accessible parts of the building that may affect the value.
• Any urgent problems that need inspecting by a specialist before you sign a contract.
• Results of tests for damp in the walls.
• Damage to timbers - including woodworm or rot.
• The condition of any damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains are not tested).
• The estimated cost of rebuilding the property for insurance purposes.
• An optional value of the property on the open market in Northwood.
If you are considering buying an apartment, house or flat in Harrow, please follow this link to request a Northwood Home Buyer Survey Quote from Woodward Chartered Surveyors.
If you need more information to help you decide which survey is right for your Northwood property then please take a look at our building survey information videos.