A comprehensive and more detailed report. Formerly referred to by many as a "Full Structural", the Building Survey is our top Level 3 report.
A Building Survey is a comprehensive inspection of a property, reported in a style to suit the property and your specific requirements. It is suitable for all properties, especially:
• Listed Buildings
• Older properties
• Buildings constructed in an unusual way, however old they are
• Properties you plan to renovate or alter in any way
• Properties that have had extensive alterations
It examines all accessible parts of the property - and you can ask to have specific areas included, so it covers any particular concerns you have about the building. It is a product which can be tailored to your needs, agreed between you and your surveyor in advance.
• Major and minor defects and what they could mean
• Results of damp testing
• Damage to timbers - including woodworm and rot
• The condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains are not tested)
• Technical information on the construction of the property and the materials used
• The location
• Recommendations for any further special inspections
Rebuilding costs (for building insurance) is included for houses, but no for flats, as insurance is usually under a "Block" or Freeholders policy.
A Building Survey does not include a valuation as standard, but your surveyor can provide this seperately if you require.
1. Digital photographs to highlight certain issues and help you better explain them to builders, sellers and estate agents
2. Exploded diagrams to help you understand the construction methods
3. A glossary of terms to help you indentify features and descriptions